Saturday 25 January 2014

Zine Examples and Tattoo Booklet

Looking at examples of zines predominately zines focusing on promotional work or individual pieces of artwork in booklets.

One of my absoloute favourite illustrators Phillip Harris I own a couple of his zines it's good to know even a really established illustrator can have affordable pieces of art for people and that's what I like about the zine 'culture'. It's also good to compare the prices of zines so I can think about what to sell mine for.

Phillips Harris: This is a 12 page black and white zine Harris sells for £5





These further two examples of his comic and zines are currently on sale, but for the 8 page comic it's on sell for £4 and the 26 page comic an illustrated alphabet in a world run by animals for £6!




Rob Hunters the new ghost, although this is a comic, it is just such a beautiful story and set of illustrations it's worth showing in my research!!!




  







I found this beautiful tattoo catalogue, has some amazing traditional designs throughout it, love the finish, I think it's something I'd like to achieve for my later projects and tattoo design endeavors, I'd like to find out how these designs are finished off/done... Here's some of the iamges from the book, in comparison to a zine it comes in at £80!!! Quyen Dinh Tattoo Flash Book, 2012 Collection





No comments:

Post a Comment