Saturday 25 January 2014

Tattoo Catalogue In Context

The reasoning behind why I'm creating this little booklet! Over the past few years I've been really into tattoo art, and it's a path I'd really like to go down on in the future, having spoken to various tattoo artists, practicing designs and placements of where designs might be is a great place to start. They suggested getting a profile on big tattoo planet, it gives updates on which studios need apprentices etc. It's a great showcasing paltform to show off your work. My aim is to fill up my big sketchbook with tattoo designs and I thought by making this zine it'll be a nice promotional way to show off some of my best designs to the tattoo artists. My aim is if the zine sells well at Stuff fair etc. I might re order some more to take round to various tattoo studios around Plymouth and Bristol, I really enjoy going round and chatting to people in the local area, at local businesses. Which in turn might be a great platoform for seeking out apprenticeships! I know some studios prefer phonecalls first but majority of the tattoo studios are quite laid back and don't mind enthusiastic students saying hello!

My plan is to get abuot 8-10 designs to feature in my little tattoo catalogue.

Some Studios:

Dust'n'Bones - Plymouth
Sailors Grave - Plymouth
Art and Soul Tattoo - Plymouth
Attica - Plymouth
Holey Skin (Angels) - Bristol (Georgia)
The Tattoo Studio - Bristol (Ben Boston)
Purple Rose - Bristol
Pierced Up - Bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment