Wednesday 15 January 2014

Victorian Slides

I came across these lovely Victorian Slides from an Antique shop recently and I thought they were really beautiful! The fact that they're a simple series of images or just one image telling a story is really helpful for the work I'm doing, it's so important to be able to convey the story and in this case in very few images, a lot of these stories seem quite simplified, so I think that's what I need to do when finalising mine.

What I found interesting was through my research of victorian/steampunk styled artwork is that it's all very sepia/black and white imagery, but with these antique slides they're very colourful and some the simplified style I'd like to do. A fantastic resource for me to use love how some of the images are in circles too, really lovely idea, might keep that 'pocket-watch' or clock shape quality to some of my images/final outcomes.





No comments:

Post a Comment