Wednesday 16 January 2013

Research

Various front covers, they mainly consisted of traditional watercolours and picnic/boat scene,
but I loved the simplistic colour palette of the top left picture...

I then found this artist, he had similar colour palettes to the cover I liked, I want to try and incorporate his style/colours in my work, but I want to use watercolours

Initial getting used to working with paints again, and thumbnail sketches of book cover ideas

Background ideas, keep the colour palette simple

Finer details of what's in the picture

Character Development/Design, still using watercolours, didn't want to make them too humanistic, the fact they're not wearing clothes makes it look 'charming'.

Ideas and type development

First outcome, nice, but quite blanched out colours, the black line is too bold around the willow branches
try and tone that down a bit, possibly use masking fluid, work on text, and possibly the characters some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment